Two Fires at Fairlop Waters in as many weeks
On 7/7/22 we advised AHDA members that a large area of Fairlop Waters had been destroyed by fire, needing 25 fire fighters and 4 fire engines. The area damaged covers 5 acres!
Yesterday our Vice Chair, Jenny walked through the old Golf Course and saw this:
A short distance away from this most recent burnt area Jenny saw the remains of three disposable barbecues:
There must be better signs advising visitors that barbecues are not permitted at Fairlop Waters Country Park.
No more fires!
Don’t drop cigarettes or anything that is burning on dry ground.
Don’t have barbecues in parks and public spaces – it is illegal in parks.
Don’t leave glass bottles or any glass as it can cause fires by magnifying the sun and start a fire.
Don’t leave litter.
Jenny and AHDA would also like to thank all the staff who are having to work so hard keeping our parks tidy, cleaning up after the ignorant and lazy people who leave their rubbish lying around.